THE LEARNERS LAB FISCAL SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
Fiscal Sponsorship opportunities are only granted to US entities pursuing or those who have already received their status as a US tax exempt entity (charity, nonprofit, foundation, association, other designation as defined by the Unites State Internal Revenue Service (IRS) who less than two years old. Click here at www.IRS.gov to visit the IRS website for eligibility criteria, as well as clarification on the definition of a tax exempt entity as those are the determining guidelines TLL complies with.
We are pleased to announce the application period for 2017 is open. Applications are now being accepted, so apply today.
Please be advised, The Learners Lab supports US entities operating within in the United States, its territories, and the District of Columbia.
TLL is not chartered to sponsor or engage services on behalf of international companies or foreign operatimg organizations of any kind or at any level.
To locate possible sources for this type of assistance, feel free to consult the San Francisco Study Center's Fiscal Sponsors Directory, a master database of US fiscal sponsors and the programs they offer. You can search the directly free to learn of sponsorship programs that may support your community.
Qualifying Categories and Application Fee Structure
TLL’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program is tiered into four groups requiring Grant/Contribution Processing, Organizational Development, and/or Technical Assistance services. TLL Fees are non-refundable. Application categories along with their respective application fee are as follows:
- Category 1: Entities Pursuing Tax Exempt Status But Not Ready to File, $450
- Category 2: Entities Ready to File for But Requiring Additional Assistance, $350
- Category 3: Entities With a F1023/1024 Application Pending Before the IRS, $300
- Category 4: Entities Needing Only Grant Processing Services, $250
FISCAL SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM PROCESS
Entry into TLL’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program is a 3-step, multi-phased process that entail the following based upon the nature of the request. All applicants are "Thoroughly Vetted" prior to the beginning of application reveiw process which include but may not be limited to the following:
- application log in & acknowledgement, package assessment, & review committee assignment,
- application material reproduction & dissemination,
- review committee scheduling, meetings & assessment report;TLL’s capacity & preliminary Mentor match-up (if needed); applicant interview selection & scheduling; applicant interviews with review committee,
- resource (what can be delivered now) & technical assistance research per interviewee; Mentor outreach (for availability and support capacity); mock resource & programmatic planning; awardee determination (based upon all the above results), program length determination & launch time frame,
- status letter notifications, awardee selections & notification, and finally
- awardee welcome & formal registration program
The official program registration includes a flat, one-time program setup fee. It's used to secure resources, help off-set legal, banking, licenses or other costs plus any technical assistance offerings required or by the Mentor-Partner to launch the Go-Live phase of each awardee’s sponsorship program.
Fiscal Sponsorship Program length runs 6 months to 2 years. In fairness to other applicants, we cannot entertain program renewals. Our goal is to help every applicant that applies for help. However, the application is not an automatic invitation to participate nor does it guarantee admittance. We will make every attempt to help each applicant.
A youth home, a jazz hand & line dancing club, and a national teacher recruiting initiative are amongst TLL's Fiscal Sponsorship Awardees.
DOCUMENTS FOR YOU!
TLL’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program Application is available for download in PDF format from FSApp2017 (PDF), and in Word format from FSApp2017 (Word), along with our FS Payment Form (PDF fillable).
For more information, please address any queries in writing to the TLL Fiscal Sponsorship Program Officer at FSponsors@TheLearnersLab.org, so we can respond as quickly as possible.
FISCAL SPONSORSHIP MENTOR-PARTNERS
For information on becoming a TLL Fiscal Sponsorship Mentor-Partner, please visit our Partnership Programs page, download the registration information, call our 24/7 phone service at 855 722 7788, or more quickly to TLLPartner@TheLearnersLab.org or FSponsors@TheLearnersLab.org.
Training for Everyone. Let's Make it Happen!